Prepare to be inspired by ten of Baltimore’s emerging social innovators as they share their ventures at our 2022 Showcase event.
The Social Innovation Lab at Johns Hopkins University invites you to join us for our annual Accelerator showcase event on Tuesday, April 26, 2022, from 5-7 p.m.. This hybrid event will take place in Baltimore, Maryland and feature our cohort of ten changemakers building ventures to create sustainable change with a measurable impact — all while starting right here in Baltimore city.
- Inspiring stories of impact from our 2021-22 Accelerator teams
- $40K+ prize funding announcement
- Opportunity to vote for the Audience Choice Award
- Networking and delicious cuisine from SIL Alum Mera Kitchen Collective
This will be a hybrid event, offering both in-person and virtual tickets.
Registration begins at 4:45 p.m. The event will start promptly at 5:15 p.m., and will be followed by a reception.
- Location: Chevy Chase Conference Center – The Sheikh Zayed Tower, Johns Hopkins Medicine (1800 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21287).
- Parking: Orleans Street Garage (please note: there is a fee for parking).
The live stream will begin promptly at 5:15 p.m. EDT and can be accessed here or by copying and pasting the following URL: https://webcast.jhu.edu/Mediasite/Play/d873fc6030c1414d854ad6473977f2811d
Audience Choice Award:
For the first time ever, we will have a $2,500 Audience Choice Award. This means that during the event you can select which team you would like to receive the award.
Here’s how to vote:
- Attend the SIL event (in-person or online) and watch the 10 teams pitch!
- From 6:30-6:40 p.m. EDT on April 26, voting opens for who will receive the $2,500 Audience Choice Award.
- Go to slido.com and type in code 04262022. Select the team you would like to receive the Audience Choice Award.
The results will be announced live on stage!
Reasonable accommodations will be provided during the event per request. Every effort will be made to accommodate advance requests. Please contact Madison Marks, Director of the Social Innovation Lab, with any questions or for more assistance at [email protected] or by phone at 202-450-8111