Impact through commercialization.
JHTV’s Technology Transfer group partners with inventors from across the university to translate academic discovery into products and services that benefit society. We are here to:
- Evaluate promising technologies reported by faculty, staff and students.
- Protect the technology with patent, trademark or copyright filings.
- Market them to industry with the hope of finding one or more investors or companies interested in developing products based on the technology.
- Negotiate license agreements with the interested parties.
- Maintain relationships with the companies developing products based on the licensed technology.
- Support and advise faculty in determining the optimal commercialization path.
Explore the Licensing Process
Commercialization starts when a university technology is protected and then licensed to a third party to be prepared and sold on the market. Our Technology Transfer team strives to make the licensing process transparent, collaborative and efficient.
Report an Invention
It is our goal to partner with you in maximizing the impact of your discoveries. Submit a report of invention to JHTV and we will be in touch with you within two days.
Material Transfer Agreements
An MTA sets the conditions of transfer and use of tangible research materials between two parties for the recipient’s own independent research purposes.
Before sharing proprietary or confidential information with an investor, industry representative or other entity, we recommend researchers have an NDA.
Read the Inventor's Guide
This brief offers an interactive overview of the technology transfer process and the services offered at JHTV. It also touches on the commercialization process and other common topics, policies and processes inventors may encounter.
consult the licensing & commercialization team
If you have any questions, we are here to help you through the process.