Academic investigators can gain important perspectives, access and support from industry partners. Meanwhile, increasingly industry is looking to academia as an early R&D partner.
Our Corporate Partnerships team assists in the formation, execution and management of such partnerships. Often based around a sponsored research project(s), these collaborations bridge the gap between early scientific discovery and its translation into new products.
Why work with industry?
- Access to research funding
- Participation in cutting-edge product development
- Educational and career opportunities for trainees
How can JHTV help?
- We are your internal champions, helping to navigate the university’s administrative units including: the Offices of Research Administration (ORA, JHURA), the Committee on Outside Interests, the Office of Corporate Communications, and IRB
- We help to structure deals that protect academic integrity, provide appropriate indirect cost support, and otherwise mutually benefit the parties
- We manage deals – leaving the investigator team to focus on the science
For more information, contact our Senior Director of Corporate Partnerships. Helen previously served as Director of Corporate Relations at Johns Hopkins University. She also helped create and grow the Johns Hopkins Alliance for Science and Technology Development as well as other programs that train faculty in entrepreneurship.