Academic investigators can gain important perspectives, access and support from industry partners. Meanwhile, increasingly industry is looking to academia as an early R&D partner.
Our Corporate Partnerships team assists in the formation, execution and management of such partnerships. Often based around a sponsored research project(s), these collaborations bridge the gap between early scientific discovery and its translation into new products.
Why work with industry?
- Access to research funding
- Participation in cutting-edge product development
- Educational and career opportunities for trainees
How can JHTV help?
- We are your internal champions, helping to navigate the university’s administrative units including: the Offices of Research Administration (ORA, JHURA), the Committee on Outside Interests, the Office of Corporate Communications, and IRB
- We help to structure deals that protect academic integrity, provide appropriate indirect cost support, and otherwise mutually benefit the parties
- We manage deals – leaving the investigator team to focus on the science