The WeGo Foundation engages pediatric patients at hospitals across the country with telepresence robots to provide virtual tours of attractions, allowing children and their families to seek both educational enrichment and safe “escape” from the hospital. Watch a video example of kid patients “visiting” and connecting with people and animals at the Baltimore Aquarium.
- 1st place winner, Johns Hopkins Business Plan Competition, Social Enterprise category
- FastForward U Thalheimer Graduate Student Award ($10k) 2021
- New interactive virtual tour brings pediatric inpatients to Field Museum – Chicago Sun-Times (suntimes.com)
- Strong National Museum of Play partners with ‘WeGo Foundation’ to allow hospitalized children robotic access to museum | WHEC.com
- Spy Museum’s new robot opens secret world to kids in hospital – The Washington Post
- Meet the Innovators: WeGo Foundation | Social Innovation Lab at Johns Hopkins University | Medium
- Project Enables Pediatric Patients to Visit National Aquarium, Baltimore Museums Through Telepresence Robotics | CBS Baltimore | cbslocal.com