Join fellow researchers for an informational presentation by JHTV staff, followed by a casual networking reception. The session will provide Johns Hopkins researchers with an overview of basic concepts in university commercialization and sources (and tips!) for funding your project. It is recommended for faculty, postdocs, and graduate students who are solving scientific problems in the lab that can improve the world.
Special guest, Executive Director of MSCRF, Ruchika Nijhara, Ph.D.
- What is commercialization and why should I pursue it?
- How do I secure funding through JHU translational grants and what other funding opportunities exist?
- What support does the university provide for me in terms of funding, business advice and connections to investors/industry partners?
- What is the Maryland Stem Cell Research Fund (MSCRF) and who is eligible to apply for the grants?
- What is the range of funding available from MSCRF?
- What is the process for applying for MSCRF funding?
Post-discussion we encourage you to stay for a reception to meet the JHTV team and network with fellow inventors. Beer and snacks will be served.
- December 5 | East Baltimore | FastForward, 1812 Ashland Ave. | 5-6:30 pm