The Black Ambition Prize seeks to strengthen pathways to entrepreneurship, increase access to capital and expand pathways to growth, and highlight the talents of Black and Hispanic founders.
Teams applying for the Black Ambition Prize must have at least one founder or co-founder that identifies as Black/African/African American and/or Hispanic/Latino/a/. A member of the founding team is defined as having a VP or C-Suite level role. Eligible ventures must have raised no more than $1M in dilutive funding to date. This category is for projects that have shown progress against the venture concept (tested the concept, working prototype, minimum viable product).
Application Deadline: May 8, 2023
Businesses in the field of consumer products and services*, healthcare, technology, Web 3.0 ventures, and/or media and entertainment are eligible to apply.
- Consumer products and services – “businesses that sell goods sold to consumers for their own use or enjoyment and not as means for further economic production activity” (Source: Investopedia)
- *Consumer products include consumer packaged goods, home goods, food/beverage, and fashion/apparel, but does not include music
- Healthcare – “businesses that provide medical services, manufacture medical equipment, provide medical insurance, or otherwise facilitate the provision of healthcare to patients”
- Tech – “businesses revolving around the manufacturing of electronics, creation of software, computers or products and services relating to information technology” (Source: Investopedia)
- Media & Entertainment: businesses focused on meeting consumer needs in creative industries inclusive of cinema, television, radio, theater, publishing, gaming, advertising and music.
- Web 3.0: businesses offering web-based products or services that leverage artificial intelligence, speech recognition, the metaverse, cryptocurrency, NFTs, and/or augmented or virtual reality technologies to empower internet users to search for, organize, and process data.
Note: Black Ambition is not focused on highly capital-intensive businesses that require significant long-term investment (e.g., biotechnology, pharmaceuticals)
To learn more about eligibility requirements for the Black Ambition Prize, please visit our website . For additional support to complete your application please refer to our application resource guide .