Ballet After Dark uses a trauma-informed, dance therapy curriculum and holistic resources to encourage survivors of sexual violence and various levels of trauma to heal their bodies using movement.
Ballet After Dark was the recipient of our $25,000 Cohort Prize, sponsored by the Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures.
Read our interview with Ballet After Dark.
SIL SHOWCASE 2022 PITCH
- ‘Ballet After Dark wins Johns Hopkins Social Innovation Lab’s $25K prize – Technical.ly
- Dance therapy company comes away with Social Innovation Lab grand prize | Maryland Daily Record (thedailyrecord.com)
- ‘Homecoming Heroes’: The semifinalists are in, time to pick the winners, Baltimore | Baltimore Sun
- A woman of color heals through dance | Ballet After Dark Film
- Ballet After Dark | IMDB.com
- Ballet After Dark Screening with Queen Latifah and Dee Rees | Tribeca Festival
- Black Women OWN The Conversation: Mental Health and Trauma | OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network
- Meet the Black Ballerina and Entrepreneur Helping People Heal From their Trauma | Blackenterprise.com
- Ballet After Dark expands to help more people heal from trauma | WBFF
- Ballet After Dark uses dance, meditation to heal emotional scars | Baltimore Sun
- Ballet Helped Me Reconnect With My Body After Being Raped, Now I’m Helping Others Do the Same | Shape
- The Turning Point: A local dancer helps fellow trauma survivors reclaim their bodies—and their lives | Baltimore Magazine
- Ballet After Dark provides free, unique therapy to survivors of trauma and violence | wmar2news.com
- Tyde-Courtney Edwards’ story of dance and healing | New York Amsterdam News