Join fellow researchers for an informational overview hosted by JHTV staff about Johns Hopkins software innovations and commercialization pathways. Come to learn about intellectual property and open-source – then stay for a casual networking reception. It is recommended for junior faculty, postdocs and graduate students who are solving scientific problems in the lab that can improve the world.
- What is commercialization and why should I pursue it?
- How do I know when I’ve invented something worth “reporting” and how do I get started?
- What is the process for securing intellectual property protection and licensing my technology or forming a startup?
- How is the licensing process different for software versus life sciences discoveries?
- What software-based commercialization activity has resulted from Johns Hopkins technology?
- Can open-source software be used for commercial endeavors?
- Where do I go to learn more?
- Feb. 29 | 4:30 pm | Malone G33/G35