Embarking on a new venture is exciting and those contributing should receive value for their efforts. But how do you allocate Founders Stock and establish a clear criterion for analysis? As a founder, how do you navigate these discussions?
Founders Stock may appear straight forward, but equitable does not always mean equal. Perspectives can differ as you grow and originators of a new company can be the most impacted.
In this session, we will touch on topics such as:
- What it means to issue Founders Stock and how it can be leveraged to attract talent
- What vesting schedules for stock look like as it relates to exercisability
- What the best-in-class allocation practices are for Founders Stock at the start of the venture and as you grow
- Authorizing versus issuing Founders Stock
- Leveraging Founders Stock to attract new investors while being mindful of future investors
- Keeping competitive in the financing marketplace
Brought to you by Cure in partnership with Paul Hastings, LLP
Nicholas Scerbo, ASA
Bay Valuation Advisors, LLC
Paul Hastings, LLP