Join AWIS Baltimore for our Fall Meeting, featuring a panel on how to succeed as a Baltimore Woman in STEM!
The Greater Baltimore Chapter of the Association for Women in Science (AWIS) is excited to announce our first event of the 2022-2023 year! Join us for our Fall Meeting at Checkerspot Brewery on September 22 at 5pm, where the following panel will share their insights and advice about working as a woman in STEM in Baltimore:
- Danielle Nicklas: PhD Candidate in Pathobiology at Johns Hopkins University & founder of NovvaCup
- Michel Kornegay: Associate Professor of Electrical & Chemical Engineering at Morgan State University
- Kathie Seley-Radtke: Professor of Chemistry at University of Maryland-Baltimore County
- Raenita Fenner: Department Chair of Engineering at Loyola University Maryland
- Nao Gamo: Founder & CEO of NeuroSonics Medical
This event is open to both AWIS members and non-members. Non-binary and gender non-confirming folks are encouraged to attend. Don’t miss this exciting event and the chance to meet and connect with other local women in STEM at Checkerspot Brewery Company, a local brewery started and owned by a Baltimore woman in STEM!
5-6 pm: Networking and Registration
6:00-6:10 pm: AWIS introduction & Fall Business Meeting
6:10-7 pm: Panel on Succeeding as a Baltimore Woman in STEM
7-7:10 pm: Raffle
7:10-8 pm: Networking and Closing
Entry is free and the first 20 guests will enjoy a free drink ticket. We will have a raffle of items generously donated by favorite local Baltimore businesses. Raffle tickets will be sold for $2. AWIS members will receive a free raffle ticket at check-in. If you would like to stay and continue networking after our event, we encourage you to sign up for trivia at Checkerspot at 8 pm.