In alignment with the U.S. Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act ($1 Trillion), the U.S. Department of Transportation Smart Cities Challenge ($50M – Columbus) and the National Defense Strategy, TechConnect and Smart Cities Connect are proud to partner with the RISE Consortium in this 9th annual Smart Cities Startup Challenge. Application deadline: Jan. 28, 2022
- The pitch must be for a new and independent venture or novel technology from a university, non-profit research institution and labs, or a startup at the seed, start-up, or early-growth stage.
- Plans that include proposals for expansions of existing companies, spin-outs or research from existing corporations, and other consulting projects or analyses are not eligible.
- Licensing technologies from universities or research labs is encouraged, assuming they have not been commercialized previously.
- Submitting startups should not have more than $1,000,000 in revenues in the prior year.
- Accepted submissions must register for the Start-up Registration rate.