Starting a new business or looking for resources to grow your existing business? Come learn more at an upcoming virtual session.
Whether you’re an early-stage entrepreneur just starting out or an established business looking to grow, Howard County Economic Development Authority can provide the resources to support your business endeavors. The session format is a presentation followed by Q&A and one-on-one sessions for attendees to discuss specific topics based on business needs.
Each session will include presenters from the Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Hispanic Business Center at SBDC, MD Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Howard County Office of Workforce Development, and Howard County Economic Development Authority (HCEDA)- Business Development/Catalyst Fund.
This session will be held multiple times throughout the year. Please select the date that fits your schedule best:
- January 17, 2023 from 5:30-7:00pm
Tentative agenda for the upcoming session is:
- 5:30 PM | Welcome and Introduction of HCEDA by Chris Moyer, Managing Director of Business Development and Marketing at HCEDA
- 5:35 PM | Remarks
- Jinal Contractor, Small and Minority Business Development at HCEDA
- Introduction to the Catalyst Loan Fund by Darshni Patel, Director, Business Incentive Programs at HCEDA
- Overview of SBDC by Brandon Mason
- Overview of Howard County Workforce Development by Elexis Lawson
- Overview of the Asian American Chamber by Cindy Shao, President of the Asian American Chamber of Commerce
- 6:45 PM | Open Q&A
- 7:00 PM | Closing Remarks by Chris Moyer, Managing Director of Business Development and Marketing at HCEDA
For more information and additional business support, please contact the team members of the Howard County Economic Development Authority’s Business Development team:
- Darshni Patel- [email protected]
- Kathy Johnson – [email protected]
- Maria Angelica Vargas – [email protected]
- Jinal Contractor- [email protected]
Registration will close one day prior to each session.