FastForward, R. House
Join fellow researchers for an informational presentation by JHTV staff, followed by a casual networking reception. The session will provide Johns Hopkins researchers with an overview of basic concepts in university commercialization and information about software discoveries. It is recommended for junior faculty, postdocs and graduate students who are solving scientific problems in the lab that can improve the world.
- What is commercialization and why should I pursue it?
- How do I know when I’ve invented something worth “reporting” and how do I get started?
- What is the process for securing intellectual property protection and licensing my technology or forming a startup?
- How is the licensing process different for software versus life sciences discoveries?
- What software-based commercialization activity has resulted from JHU technology?
- Can open-source software be used for commercial endeavors?
- How will AIX affect the future of software related discoveries?
- Where do I go to learn more?
Post-discussion we encourage you to stay for a reception to meet the JHTV team and network with fellow inventors. Beer and snacks will be served.
May 17 | FastForward, R. House | 5-6:30 pm
R. House Address:
301 W 29th St, Suite 2004
Baltimore, MD 21211