FastForward, 1812 Ashland Ave.
Join fellow researchers for an informational presentation by JHTV staff, followed by a casual networking reception. The session will provide Johns Hopkins researchers with an overview of basic concepts in university commercialization and sources (and tips!) for funding your project. It is recommended for junior faculty, postdocs and graduate students who are solving scientific problems in the lab that can improve the world.
- What is commercialization and why should I pursue it?
- How do I know when I’ve invented something worth “reporting” and how do I get started?
- What is the process for securing intellectual property protection and licensing my technology or forming a startup?
- How do I secure funding through JHU translational grants, venture capital or corporate sponsorship?
- What support does the university provide for me in terms of funding, business advice and connections to investors/industry partners?
- Where do I go to learn more?
Post-discussion we encourage you to stay for a reception to meet the JHTV team and network with fellow inventors. Beer and snacks will be served.
- March 23 | East Baltimore | FastForward, 1812 Ashland Ave. | 5-6:30 pm