Join us for a morning celebration of innovation and technology focusing on industry leaders, innovators, and enthusiasts coming together to share knowledge, forge connections, and celebrate the transformative power of innovation and technology.
The Fire Awards, now in its second year, are the premier recognition program for Maryland Inno, the Baltimore Business Journal’s tech-focused publication.
2023 Fire Award winners
Here are the 2023 Fire Award winners by category.Blazer Winners are identified with an asterisk.
- GCOM Software: Government IT services and consulting company (Columbia)
- Huntress: Cybersecurity and IT services for small, and mid-size businesses (Ellicott City)
- CraniUS: Medical device firm focused on diagnostics and treatments for brain disease (Baltimore City)
- HEPIUS Innovation Lab: Johns Hopkins research and medical equipment manufacturing lab focused on spinal cord injuries (Baltimore City)
Startup accelerator/coworking space:
- Hutch Studio: Startup accelerator program focused on underrepresented and minority entrepreneurs working in government digital services (Baltimore City)
- StarTUp at the Armory and StarTUp Accelerator: Coworking space and cohort-based fellowship for entrepreneurs (Towson)
- Apkudo: Technology firm that uses robots to help businesses evaluate old or damaged electronic devices to determine whether they should be repaired, sold or recycled (Baltimore City)
- SunStone Credit: Financial services company that provides loan financing for companies to install solar panels on commercial buildings (Baltimore)
MarylandINNO Get Funded: Strategies to Attract Investors
Join the Baltimore Business Journal for an engaging conversation on funding your business from start-up to growth. To lead into the conversation, we’ll have a Fireside Chat with Luke Cooper, founding Managing Partner of Latimer Ventures. And then our panel of expert advisors, investors and innovation experts will discuss what it takes to attract investors, existing options to fund your business, and resources to take your company to the next level.
Moderator: Matthew Hooke, MarylandINNO and BBJ Reporter
- Mac Conwell, Founder & Managing Partner, RareBreed Ventures
- Guy Filippelli, Managing Partner, Squadra Ventures
- George Nemphos, Managing Member, Nemphos Braue
- Christy Wyskiel, Senior Advisor to the President for Innovation & Entrepreneurship; Executive Director, Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures
This event is being photographed. By entering, you agree to the use of images of you in connection with editorial, promotional, and/or advertising materials relating to this event or our other events in any media. Please inform our photographer if you do not want your image used in this manner.
Contact April House, [email protected]