Are you a student with an idea for an innovative new venture? Compete in HopStart 2022!
HopStart student competitors are matched with mentors who guide them through the process of writing their business plan, receive valuable feedback from industry professionals on their pitch, and have the opportunity to win prize money to support their new venture. The competition showcases the talent of students as they present business plans developed over the course of the year.
Students will experience and earn:
- Mentorship and networking opportunities with experienced entrepreneurs, industry leaders, venture capitalists, and alumni.
- Personalized feedback on pitches, presentations, and business plans.
- Up to $5,000 in prize money.
- Thorough understanding of what it takes to commercialize an idea or invention.
For all categories, teams may include both Johns Hopkins University students (undergraduate, graduate and/or post-docs) and non-JHU affiliates; however, at least one team member must meet BOTH of the following requirements:
- Be a current part-time, full-time, or Postdoctoral student of any of the nine divisions of Johns Hopkins University at any point during the current academic year.
- Be a member of the venture’s startup management team.
Registration deadline: February 14, 2022