Have a Start-up Idea?
Hexcite (Excited for Healthcare) is a medical software start-up generator program for entrepreneurs hosted by the Johns Hopkins Medicine Technology Innovation Center in collaboration with Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures.
Care providers with an idea who are eager to drive change within their practice are matched with business, design, and technical team members to work together in creating a software solution that will improve patient care.
Weekly, expert-led pre-accelerator help teams navigate the first steps of business and technical design using the Lean Start-up methodology which focuses on growing a business with maximum acceleration.
Following the 16-weeks of inventive programming and mentorship, Hexcite teams are prepared to build their technology with TIC, conduct an internal pilot at Johns Hopkins, and launch a Baltimore start-up. This year’s program will be a hybrid program with some in-person and virtual sessions.
All Hexcite teams include:
- Johns Hopkins clinical faculty or staff with a medical software product idea that could be commercialized
- Operational leaders from Johns Hopkins with a medical software product idea that could be commercialized
- Co-Clinical Leads are encouraged to apply; Johns Hopkins affiliates with a faculty/staff co-clinical lead are welcome
- Johns Hopkins affiliate undergraduate or graduate students in design-related majors
- Johns Hopkins affiliates with design experience
- Johns Hopkins undergraduate or graduate students majoring in CS or BME
- Business Leads
- Johns Hopkins Carey Business School students
- Johns Hopkins affiliates with business experience
Applications for Design, Technical, and Business leads will open soon. The Hexcite 2024 cohort launches in January 2024 with weekly workshops that lead up to a Final Pitch event attended by Johns Hopkins leadership and local investors.