Crab Tank is a startup pitch competition created to spotlight and provide a platform to small and medium businesses and entrepreneurs. The competition provides local business owners an opportunity to compete for a $25,000 grand prize sponsored by M&T Bank.
The program serves to expand and uplift small to medium-sized businesses and entrepreneurs by providing coaching resources to help finalists refine their pitches and high-quality video content to use for marketing. Following the event, winners continue to benefit from the program with opportunities to network with Baltimore Homecoming’s alumni and community partners at regional events, increase visibility on a larger scale and increase access to social, intellectual, and financial capital.
Please email [email protected]ing.com if you have any questions regarding the application or eligibility.
Additionally, join us for a virtual information session on April 28 at 12 noon – register at baltimorehomecoming.com/crabtankinfo.
- Revenue generating (i.e. paying customers, initial investment round)
- Based in and/or serving the Greater Baltimore Region which includes Baltimore City, Baltimore County, and surrounding counties. Priority will be given to those based in and serving Baltimore City.
- Application deadline: May 26
- Semi-Finalists notified: early June
- Public voting: June 5 – July 5
- Finalists Announced by early July
- Pitch coaching & workshops August – September 2023
- Winning companies participate in Crab Tank Pitch Competition October 2023
Pitch Competition Structure:
- Five (5) finalists pitch for a maximum of 3-5 minutes each
- Presentations may use visual aids such as PowerPoint, video or images
- Additional up to 2 minutes will be allotted for judge panel questions
The following criteria will guide the judges’ decisions:
- Quality of business proposal
- Level of community impact
- Level of business improvement
- Quality of overall presentation