Common Future supports organizations who are developing models to close the racial wealth gap by removing social, financial, and political barriers.
Through our three-month long accelerator program, Common Future invests in a cohort of 10 BIPOC women- and non-binary-led organizations that are actively working to dismantle economic inequality by giving power back to communities left out of prosperity.
An organization that has a model or big idea that will help close the racial wealth gap that has potential for exponential impact and is seeking additional capacity building support. We want to support BIPOC women- and non-binary-led organizations that have designed and tested solutions in their own communities, and are now ready for sustainable growth and scale. We’ll provide them equitable access to capital, community, and knowledge. Then, we’ll connect them to the right people, so that they can take that vision to the next level—and empower the communities they serve.
- Based in the United States, with direct impact in the U.S.
- Incorporation agnostic (nonprofit, for profits etc).
- BIPOC women- and non-binary-led organizations
- Available for required virtual selection bootcamp January 30 & 31.
- Available for required in-person sessions during April & July 2024. *Travel & Stay costs are covered by Common Future
Community & Mission aligned:
- Solutions closing the racial wealth gap
- Increasing Access to capital & resources
- Increasing affordability of capital
- Building power, choice & ownership for BIPOC Communities
- Impacted communities are integral to the solution
- Models or solutions that are designed and tested.
- Organizations that are operating with budgets less than $2M
- There has to be some traction of people, idea, and/or organization (or the right combination of the three)
- Have secured funding but are seeking to be capital-ready for growth.
- For full-time leaders of organizations or leaders of organizations with a clear plan to lead full time.
Radical & transformative:
- Ready to influence / scale, and understand how the work fits into the larger system
- Are on a path or have a strategy to create a sustainable organization with longevity