BlueTech Maryland is holding its inaugural event on Tuesday, November 16 event at the University of Maryland, Baltimore. The goal of the event is to discuss our cohesive narrative of what blue tech is, explain why Maryland can be one of the top three regional blue tech clusters of the country, showcase what is going on here, and engage investors and entrepreneurs interested in coming to Maryland.
Options to join in person at University of Maryland Baltimore or virtually via Zoom
Why Maryland | Suzanne Dorsey, Assistant Secretary, Maryland Department of Environment
What is Bluetech? | Claire Broido Johnson, Maryland Momentum Fund
Introduction to Bluetech Categories | Mark Huang, SeaAhead
Maryland policy alignment
- Sarah Elfreth, State Senator
- Sarah Lane, Senior Faculty Research Assistant at University of Maryland
Overview of Maryland Offshore Wind
- Brady Walker, Government Affairs and Strategy, Orsted
- Sam Salustro, Director of Coalitions & Strategic Partnerships, Business Network for Offshore Wind
- Phil Croskey, CEO, MD Energy Advisors
Overview of Maryland Aquaculture
- Adam Van Dyke, Principal, Early Charm Ventures
- Johnny Shockley, Founder, Hooper’s Island Oyster
- Suzanne Shahrestani, CEO, Minnowtech,
- Martin Kepinski-Kozaczek, Program Manager, Northrop Grumman
The Future of Ports | Kristen Weiss Fidler, Director, Office of Harbor Development at Maryland Port Administration
The Future of Seafood and What’s Happening with NOAA in Maryland | Michael Rubino, Senior Advisor for Seafood Strategy at NOAA, National Marine Fisheries Service
- Aaron McCrady, Director, Hannon Armstrong
- Elise Liberto, Partner, Brown Advisory
- Cyrus Green, Lead Manager, T Rowe Price
- Data and Climate Tech, Sunny Sanwar, CEO, Dynamhex
- The Future of Food in Maryland – Mike Thielke, Founder, F3Tech
- Anaerobic Digestion at the Maryland Ports, Andrew Moss, Technical Director, Planet Found
- European Financing Coming to Maryland, Matt Enright, CFO, OTAQ
What’s Next? Calls to Action!
- This event is being held in person at the University of Maryland Baltimore, with options to attend virtually.
- BlueTech Maryland requires that all guests show proof of vaccination to attend the event. Please bring your vaccination card or a picture of your card to the event. You may also submit a copy of the card to us via this form: https://share.hsforms.com/1rjJCOepZQa-6QF7Rrh9gQA4g3xy
- Following CDC and State guidelines, a face covering must be worn at all times indoors while on UMB’s campus or at an off-campus location occupied by UMB community members.
- If you feel ill or have a known contact with someone who has Covid, please stay home. You are free to join us for our virtual session starting at 3 pm ET