BGE is pledging $15 million to assist Maryland’s small businesses with COVID-19 relief and recovery. Eligible businesses located in BGE’s service area can apply for a $20,000 BGE Energizing Small Business Grant. This grant program is part of BGE’s comprehensive Customer Relief and Energy Infrastructure Investment Plan, designed to help the state’s economic recovery from the pandemic.
Eligible small businesses selected as grant recipients will receive $20,000. Apply by sharing how a grant would provide economic relief and help grow your business.
Grant recipients will be selected via a panel.
- Applicants must be a for-profit business and an existing BGE electric and/or gas business customer. Additional eligibility criteria include:
- Must have a minimum of one (1) employee and a maximum of twenty-five (25) employees.
- Have annual gross revenues in 2020 of less than $7 million USD.
- Demonstrated need of funding to support business and serve customers.
- Preference will be given to minority-owned and woman-owned businesses.
For full eligibility requirements see the terms and conditions.