The John F. Baugh Center for Entrepreneurship and Free Enterprise will host the twelfth annual Baylor New Venture Competition on March 22-23 at Baylor University’s Foster Campus for Business and Innovation. Applications for the competition are open now through November 5. This business plan and elevator pitch competition showcases collegiate student created, managed and led ventures from across the globe. The competition provides participants with personal and professional development through:
- industry-specific mentorship towards sustainable business plans,
- exclusive access to accomplished experts and fellow innovators,
- and a chance to compete for over $250,000 in cash prizes and vital resources.
Since its inception, more than 600 student entrepreneurs world-wide have applied to compete in the competition. Nearly $1 million in cash and prizes has been awarded to these collegiate entrepreneurs.
About the Baylor New Venture Competition
The Baylor New Venture Competition is underwritten by an anonymous gift to Baylor University and the Hankamer School of Business. The differentiator between this competition and others is the focus on encouraging student entrepreneurs worldwide to catalyze and grow their business.
Applicants will receive expert advice throughout the competition cycle:
- Executive Summary Feedback
- Business Plan Feedback
- One-on-One Mentorship
- Rounds of Pitch Coaching
- Feedback Sessions
- Final Presentation Feedback
The day of finals will include pitch presentations with judge Q&A, networking, a business showcase, audience participation and awards.
The Baylor New Venture Competition is successful because of the support from hundreds of experienced entrepreneurs, business leaders and partners.
2024 BNVC Eligibility
The 2024 Baylor New Venture Competition is open to teams of not-for-profit accredited university students and recent alumni around the world. There is no limit to the number of teams from a single university that may apply. For further information on team eligibility, visit the 2024 official guidebook linked in the application.
2024 BNVC Competition Important Dates
- BNVC Applicant Round One Deadline: Executive Summary: November 5, 2023
- BNVC Round Two: Business Plan: December 11, 2023 – January 16, 2024
- Baylor Innovation Conference (In Person, at Baylor University): Friday, March 22, 2024
- BNVC Pre-Competition Activities (In Person, at Baylor University): Friday, March 22, 2024
- Baylor Innovation Bridge Elevator Pitch Competition and Dinner (In Person, at Baylor University): Friday, March 22, 2024
- BNVC Finals (In Person, at Baylor University): Saturday, March 23, 2024
- BNVC Elevator Pitch Competition and Awards Banquet (In Person, at Baylor University): Saturday, March 23, 2024