It is imperative to build your company with a solid foundation right from the start. Future stakeholders will need to see clean accounting records and as an entrepreneur, you will need generate timely financial reporting to aid in your decision-making.
Join SC&H for Accounting 101 to learn how to set up a basic accounting function on which you can grow your Company.
- We will introduce some basic accounting terminology and concepts, including:
- Set up a basic chart of accounts, track and code transactions, generate basic financial statements.
- Read your financial statements- key terms and what to look for.
- Basic grant compliance and reporting.
- Leverage accounting software and technology.
- Can I do this myself? At what point do I engage an accountant and what does it cost?
Who should attend?
Entrepreneurs, owners, founders and executives of early- and growth- stage companies that are pre-revenue and investor and/or grant funded (or seeking funding).
About the Speaker:
Pam Chelden, CPA, Director
As a Director at SC&H Group, Pam Chelden leads the Accounting Solutions practice. In this role, Pam provides outsourced controller and CFO-level services to emerging growth and mid-market organizations. Working both hand-in-hand with clients, and behind the scenes, Pam supports clients in any way possible, whether that’s through strategic planning, fundraising, refinancing, cash flow forecasting, or budgeting.