FastForward U’s accelerator programming is an opportunity for student teams from across the University to work collaboratively to make progress on their ventures. These engaging, cross-disciplinary initiatives build skills, grow networks, and connect founders with other entrepreneurial students.
Teams are grouped by stage to allow students to learn together at a pace that makes sense for where they are on their entrepreneurial journey. Each track includes a stipend and the chance to win additional funds at Demo Days.
Learn more about each track below!
- Early-stage track for teams to validate their ideas.
- Curriculum focuses on early venture basics, market research, customer discovery, and more.
- Successfully completing Spark makes many teams ready for Fuel.
- Later-stage track designed to help ventures get market/investor ready.
- Focuses on customer development, entrepreneurial finance, investor readiness, and more.
- Includes multiple mentorship and industry connections as part of the course.
Meet past Fuel cohorts and watch Demo Day footage:
- Spring 2021 Cohort | Spring 2021 Virtual Demo Day
- Spring 2020 Cohort | Spring 2020 Virtual Demo Day
- Fall 2019 Cohort | Fall 2019 Demo Days
THE SOCIAL INNOVATION LAB ACCELERATOR
In addition to FastForward U’s Spark and Fuel accelerators, JHTV offers an accelerator through its Social Innovation Lab (SIL) for mission-driven startups working towards a solution with a stated social or environmental impact.
- Open to early-stage ventures with demonstrated traction (for-profit and non-profit).
- Ventures work in a cohort structure with other Johns Hopkins University and Baltimore-area entrepreneurs.
- Focuses on customer discovery, financial literacy and fundraising, impact measurement, storytelling, and more.
- Provides access to a wide network of mentors, advisors, partners, and funders in Baltimore and beyond.
- Offers the opportunity to win a $25,000 cohort prize.