FastForward U’s accelerator programming is an opportunity for student teams from across the University to work collaboratively to make progress on their ventures. These engaging, cross-disciplinary initiatives build skills, grow networks, and connect founders with other entrepreneurial students.
Teams are grouped by stage to allow students to learn together at a pace that makes sense for where they are on their entrepreneurial journey. Each track includes a stipend and the chance to win additional funds at Demo Days.
Learn more about each track below!
In spring 2022, Spark will be offered as an online cohort.
- Early-stage track for teams to explore and validate their ideas.
- Asynchronous curriculum focuses on early venture basics, market research, customer discovery, and more.
- Live, weekly MasterMind check-ins for brainstorming and feedback hour.
- Successfully completing Spark makes many teams ready for Fuel.
In the spring, the Fuel cohort will be facilitated online via twice-a-week, live meetings.
- Later-stage track designed to help committed ventures get market/investor ready.
- Focuses on customer acquisition, marketing development, entrepreneurial finance, investor readiness, team-building, and more via customized attention (workshops, 1:1 mentorship, and more).
- Weekly cohort meetings throughout the semester with special guests (founders, VC, JHTV staff, and more).
- Includes multiple mentorship and industry connections as part of the program.
Meet past cohorts and watch Demo Day footage:
- Fall 2021 Spark Cohort | Fall 2021 Spark Virtual Demo Day
- Fall 2021 Fuel Cohort | Fall 2021 Fuel Virtual Demo Day
- Spring 2021 Cohort | Spring 2021 Virtual Demo Day
- Spring 2020 Cohort | Spring 2020 Virtual Demo Day
- Fall 2019 Cohort | Fall 2019 Demo Days
THE SOCIAL INNOVATION LAB ACCELERATOR
In addition to FastForward U’s Spark and Fuel accelerators, JHTV offers an accelerator through its Social Innovation Lab (SIL) for mission-driven startups working towards a solution with a stated social or environmental impact.
- Open to early-stage ventures with demonstrated traction (for-profit and non-profit).
- Ventures work in a cohort structure with other Johns Hopkins University and Baltimore-area entrepreneurs.
- Focuses on customer discovery, financial literacy and fundraising, impact measurement, storytelling, and more.
- Provides access to a wide network of mentors, advisors, partners, and funders in Baltimore and beyond.
- Offers the opportunity to win a $25,000 cohort prize.