FastFoward U’s Accelerator program serves as an opportunity for student teams from across the University to work collaboratively to make progress on their ventures. This is an engaging, cross-disciplinary initiative to build skills, grow networks and connect with other entrepreneurial students.
Throughout the nine week program, accelerator teams will have an opportunity to learn from Baltimore-area entrepreneurs, get connected to mentors/strategic advisers, develop personalized goals, create relevant deliverables and pitch at a Demo Day toward the end of the semester.
In-person sessions will be held at FastForward U Homewood every Monday and Thursday evening from 6 – 8 p.m. Venture leaders must be available to attend these. In addition, you are expected to put in another 5 – 10 hours per week to make progress on your deliverables and goals. Ultimately, you will get out what you put into this program, so make sure you have time to commit towards making rapid progress on your venture.
Student Accelerator Programs
The FastForward U Accelerator is best described as one program with two tracks. Student ventures are able to select their preferred track in the application process but the FastForward U team reserves the right to offer interviews — and eventually spots — in the two tracks based on their own discretion.
What’s the difference?
- Early-stage track for teams looking to validate their startup, small business, or nonprofit ideas
- Programs will focus on early venture basics, market research, customer discovery, and more
- $1,000 in funding upon completion, with a chance to win an additional $1,000 at Demo Day
- Later-stage track designed to help ventures get market/investor ready
- Program will focus on customer development, entrepreneurial finance, investor readiness, and more
- $5,000 in non-dilutive funding, with a chance to win an additional $10,000 at Demo Day
- Read about the Fall 2019 Cohort
- Read about the Fall 2019 Demo Days
- Attend FastForward U’s Spring 2020 Info Session (January 30th, 5:30 – 6:30 pm)
Applications are due by Sunday, Feb. 2 at 11:59 p.m.. After this, the next application cycle will be Fall 2020.
If you have any further questions, please reach out to Kevin Carter, FastForward U’s Student Program Manager.