South by Southwest (SXSW), the annual mega-conference that includes a film festival, music festival and discussions on technology and innovation, will return to Austin, Texas from March 10-19.
This year, Startup Village, a track for entrepreneurs, investors and innovative taste makers, will feature Baltimore’s burgeoning innovation ecosystem.
Darius Graham (Director of the Social Innovation Lab) and Megan Wahler (FastForward Program Manager) will lead “Lessons on Building an Urban Innovation Ecosystem,” a session that shares insights derived from Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures’ (JHTV) and its collaborators’ efforts to support startups and innovation in Baltimore.
One attendee at this session will win a trip to Baltimore to explore our innovation ecosystem. See below for details.
Can’t make it to SXSW? Join the conversation on Twitter using #SXSWBaltimore.
Lessons on Building an Urban Innovation Ecosystem
When: Tuesday, March 14, 3:30 p.m. CT
Where: Hilton Austin Downtown (Salon D)
More info: http://schedule.sxsw.com/2017/events/PP62012
One person attending the session will win a trip to Baltimore to explore the innovation ecosystem. Trip includes:
- Roundtrip economy airfare (within the continental U.S.)
- Hyatt Place in Harbor East (one night)
- Breakfast at Atwater’s ($20 gift card)
- Lunch at R. House, Baltimore’s innovative food hall ($25 gift card)
- Meeting with ecosystem leaders and entrepreneurs
- Tours of Baltimore innovation spaces, including JHTV’s FastForward 1812 incubator and labs
Terms & Conditions:
- Must be used by 12/31/2017
- Dates of travel must be mutually agreed upon
- Travel will be booked by JHTV
- Must be present during session on 3/14/17 to enter and win
- Must be 18 or older to enter and win
- Trip and related items are non-transferable